Как сделать разговор полезным и приятным
Как сделать объемную звезду своими руками
Как сделать то, что делать не хочется?
Как сделать погремушку
Как сделать неотразимый комплимент
Как сделать так чтобы женщины сами знакомились с вами
Как сделать идею коммерческой
Как сделать хорошую растяжку ног?
Как сделать наш разум здоровым?
Как сделать, чтобы люди обманывали меньше
Вопрос 4. Как сделать так, чтобы вас уважали и ценили?
Как сделать лучше себе и другим людям
Как сделать свидание интересным?
Things That Go Bump In The Night
It was quite late on a Friday night. Bill and Lora were having supper in their
new house. Things still felt a bit strange so they _____ (1) much notice not take
when they heard someone _____ (2) about noisily in the move
house next door. From the windows they _____ (3) see figures in the can
front garden. Bill and Lora assumed that their neighbours _____ (4) have
some sort of party. ‘That’s all right,’ said Bill. ‘Our neighbours dislike big
_____ (5). I hope they _____ (6) us long.’ Not long after, party, not disturb
they heard the front door shut and the house went very quiet. Bill and Lora
went to bed and _____ (7) all about it. At breakfast early the next day, forget
they heard someone _____ (8) loudly. Their neighbours arrived back shout
home and discovered that some _____ (9) _____ (10) all their furniture thief, take
and valuables from the house.
Read the text. Use the word given at the end of each line to form a word that fits the space in the same line. The most _____ (1) pop group in history was the Beatles and the success
most _____ (2) bands of the 1960s and 1970s were male bands. The excite
Spice Girls were _____ (3) when they became _____ (4) in the usual, fame
1990s, but now female pop groups are not only common but quite interest
_____ (5) from а _____ (6) point of view as well. But what happens music
when а schoolgirl suddenly becomes very _____ (7) and well known? wealth
She leaves behind the _____ (8) life other girls lead, earns bore
а lot of money and buys x_____ (9) clothes. She gets _____ (10) to expense, expense
trendy parties. Will she forget all her old schoolfriends?
3. Choose the most suitable word for each space. Have you ever thought about the future? One of the most amazing predictions I have heard _____ (1) the twenty‑first century is that we will be living longer and longer. Scientists will have _____ (2) up with а cure for а lot of the most _____ (3) diseases that people die of at the moment. They say that _____ (4) the year 2050, the average person’s lifespan will have _____ (5) to one hundred years. They also _____ (6) that work will take _____ (7) less of our lives and we will have more _____ (8) time to spend. Robots, which will look more and more _____ (9) human beings, will have taken _____ (10) а lot of the boring everyday _____ (11) we do today. In the next five years, the Japanese will have _____ (12) а robot that understands human speech. This will _____ (13) about а big change in the way we live, and some people see robots as а _____ (14) to human freedom. They are afraid that we will not be _____ (15) to control them and that in the end, they will control us.
1. a) to b) about c) across d) up 2. a) turned b) made c) come d) found
3. a) common b) usual c) everyday d) known
4. a) until b) by c) up to d) on
5. a) gone b) come c) turned d) risen
6. a) predict b) tell c) wait d) advise
7. a) on b) over c) up d) away
8. a) break b) enjoy c) fun d) free
9. a) as b) like c) similar d) how
10. a) up b) off c) over d) in
11. a) jobs b) works c) employment d) occupations
12. a) discovered b) found c) done d) invented
13. a) bring b) turn c) take d) come
14. a) damage b) dream c) threat d) problem
15. a) reaching b) able c) manage d) succeed
Test 10 1. Read the text and put the words at the end of each line into the correct form.
Date: 2015-12-13; view: 1124; Нарушение авторских прав