Как сделать разговор полезным и приятным
Как сделать объемную звезду своими руками
Как сделать то, что делать не хочется?
Как сделать погремушку
Как сделать неотразимый комплимент
Как сделать так чтобы женщины сами знакомились с вами
Как сделать идею коммерческой
Как сделать хорошую растяжку ног?
Как сделать наш разум здоровым?
Как сделать, чтобы люди обманывали меньше
Вопрос 4. Как сделать так, чтобы вас уважали и ценили?
Как сделать лучше себе и другим людям
Как сделать свидание интересным?
Test 16. Choose the correct word in each of the following sentences
1. I thought you said you (were going to/should) give up smoking.
2. Our new neighbours invited me in for a cup of tea. I must say they seem a very (nice/sympathetic) couple.
3. Was it Bell who (invented/discovered) the telephone?
4. I wonder if I might have a (recipe/receipt) for the things I’ve bought.
5. Oh, Jan, could you (remember/remind) me to phone the dentist this afternoon?
6. I wonder if you’d mind (bringing/fetching) John from next door? He’s wanted on the phone.
7. What (more/else) did you do in Spain, apart from swimming and sun‑bathing?
8. I’ve just bought a record of Beethoven’s Fifth symphony (conducted/directed) by Karajan.
9. When we moved into our new flat I had to sell my (grand/wind) piano.
10. We’ll have to change the curtains, darling. They don’t (pass/match) the new suite.
11. A (classical/classic) example of actors and actresses playing love scenes was when Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor were filming ‘Anthony and Cleopatra’.
12. Many people nowadays are changing from large cars to small ones because they are far more (economic/economical).
13. If you try long enough then you’ll (eventually/possibly) succeed.
14. Miss Bright’s really (effective/efficient), isn’t she?
15. 1066 is one of the most (historical/historic) moments in British history.
16. I can’t read David’s handwriting at all; it’s quite (eligible/illegible).
17. The Centre Party has been (consequential/consistent) in its policy of opposing nuclear power.
18. The new price increases will take (affect/effect) on April 1st.
19. If animals have to be killed for food, then it should be done as (humanly/humanely) as possible.
20. Did you have (an opportunity/possibility) to visit the Louvre when you were in Paris?
Test 17. Choose the correct word in each of the following sentences. 1. There is a very good (Technological/Technical) College not far from where I live.
2. Did you know that Peter had arranged the party (specially/especially) for you?
3. I couldn’t care less one way or the other. I’m completely (uninterested/disinterested).
4. I hear that Manchester United beat Liverpool two – (nil/nought) in the last Cup match.
5. There is a very strong (possibility/opportunity) that man will land on the planet Mars.
6. South Wales was once a flourishing coal‑mining area, but today there are hundreds of (misused/disused) coal mines scattered throughout the valleys.
7. My uncle has just got a divorce, which is very strange since he is a marriage guidance (councillor/counsellor).
8. I’m afraid the boot is full. There is no (room/space) for any more suitcases.
9. It’s much too hot. Let’s go and sit in the (shadow/ shade) for a while.
10. I’ll see you next week – (eventually/possibly) on Friday.
11. The tennis match was held up for ten minutes when the (umpire/referee) fainted.
12. Any idea what the present Government’s (politics/policy) is on defence?
13. They climbed up the steep stone (stairs/steps) leading to the old church.
14. I hope he has got a good (solicitor/barrister) to represent him in court.
15. What did you think of the (critic/write‑up) we got in the paper this morning?
16. His (financial/economic) worries were solved when he suddenly won $25,000.
17. During the war, Vera Lynn’s songs contributed greatly to the (morals/morale) of the troops.
18. My flat is just around the corner from my office, which is (convenient/comfortable) for me.
19. The house I have just bought is close to shops, schools and other local (amenities/facilities).
20. Do you think the new tax changes will (affect/effect) you very much?
Date: 2015-12-13; view: 1123; Нарушение авторских прав