ак сделать разговор полезным и при€тным
ак сделать объемную звезду своими руками
ак сделать то, что делать не хочетс€?
ак сделать погремушку
ак сделать неотразимый комплимент
ак сделать так чтобы женщины сами знакомились с вами
ак сделать идею коммерческой
ак сделать хорошую раст€жку ног?
ак сделать наш разум здоровым?
ак сделать, чтобы люди обманывали меньше
¬опрос 4. ак сделать так, чтобы вас уважали и ценили?
ак сделать лучше себе и другим люд€м
ак сделать свидание интересным?
јрхитектурајстрономи€Ѕиологи€√еографи€√еологи€»нформатика»скусство»стори€ улинари€ ультураћаркетингћатематикаћедицинаћенеджментќхрана трудаѕравоѕроизводствоѕсихологи€–елиги€—оциологи€—порт“ехника‘изика‘илософи€’ими€Ёкологи€ЁкономикаЁлектроника
Test 1. Write the comparative and superlative forms of these adjectives
1. cold Ц 6. comfortable Ц 11. new Ц
2. big Ц 7. easy Ц 12. expensive Ц
3. wonderful Ц 8. fat Ц 13. hungry Ц
4. happy Ц 9. bad Ц 14. hot Ц
5. good Ц 10. nice Ц 15. little Ц
Test 2. Write the comparative and superlative forms of these adjectives. 1. cheap Ц 6. red Ц 11. difficult Ц
2. far Ц 7. noisy Ц 12. few Ц
3. hot Ц 8. terrible Ц 13. old Ц
4. cheerful Ц 9. late Ц 14. sleepy Ц
5. pretty Ц 10. bad Ц 15. thin Ц
Test 3. Complete the sentences with а necessary form of the words in brackets. 1. Your TV is much (good) than ours.
2. This is the (bad) film heТs ever seen.
3. His accent is (correct) than yours.
4. A woman seems to get (young) every year.
5. HeТs the (fat) person in his family.
6. This is the (tasty) meal IТve ever eaten.
7. She has a friend whoТs much (pretty) than her.
8. SheТs the (beautiful) in the class.
9. A friend of mine married a girl who is much (young) than him.
10. Everest is the (high) mountain in the world.
11. The (bad) thing in the world is dishonesty.
12. I think she is the (good) person who ever lived.
13. She is (tall) than her sisters.
14. What is the (fast) car in the world?
15. Her flat is (small) than ours.
Test 4. Complete the sentences with а necessary form of the words in brackets. 1. Your English is improving. ItТs getting (good) and (good).
2. Who is the (famous) person in the world?
3. The meal cost (little) than I expected.
4. Are you the (old) in your family?
5. There are (few) public holidays in Great Britain than in other European countries.
6. He was as (white) as а sheet.
7. This cartoon is (funny) than that one.
8. Who is the (good) student in the class?
9. It was an awful day. It was the (bad) day of my life. 10. Jane is two years (old) than Jack.
11. She is not so (nervous) as her brother.
12. It is the (busy) time of the year.
13. IТd like to have а (big) car than my old one.
14. ThatТs the (far) IТve ever run.
15. The exam was quite difficult Ц (difficult) than we expected.
16. The (great) national holiday in our country is Victory Day.
17. Hard beds are (healthy) than soft ones.
18. She is the (slim) girl in our group.
19. Which month is the (short) in а year?
20. What is the (late) news?
Test 5. Complete the sentences with а necessary form of the words in brackets. 1. These cakes are probably the (good) in the world.
2. I am (happy) than I have ever been.
3. The game will certainly be much (exciting) than it was last year.
4. For (far) information, please write to the above address.
5. The (old) member of her family is her Granny.
6. He did very badly in the exam Ц (bad) than expected.
7. He was the (fat) man 1 had ever met.
8. This is the (attractive) room in the whole house.
9. Our new house is (big) than the one we used to live in.
10. Jill can run as (fast) as Jack.
11. My brother has (much) money than I have.
12. This is the (bad) weather so far this year.
13. Travelling by train is (comfortable) than travelling by bus.
14. The bedroom isnТt so (light) as the living‑room.
15. Tom is the (reserved) boy in this class.
16. ItТs getting (hard) and (hard) to find а job nowadays.
17. Summer is the (dry) period of the year.
18. СWhat time shall we leave?Т СThe (soon), the (good).Т
19. ItТs (cheap) to go by car than by train.
20. Tom looks (old) than he really is.
Test 6. Complete the sentences with а necessary form of the words in brackets. 1. This exercise is too easy Ц canТt we try а (difficult) one?
2. EnglandТs too cold in spring Ц letТs go to Spain where itТs much (warm).
3. She comes top in all the exams Ц she must be the (clever) girl in the class.
4. The temperature in July reaches 44 degrees Ц itТs the (hot) month of the year.
5. LetТs buy this video Ц it doesnТt cost that much Ц itТs (cheap) than the other one.
6. This book is not so (interesting) as that one.
7. California certainly has а (healthy) climate than New York.
8. When I passed my driving test, it was the (happy) day of my life.
9. Lying down in bed is (comfortable) than sitting on а hard chair.
10. ThatТs the (exciting) story IТve ever heard.
11. IТd like to have а (good) pen than this one.
12. She is the (young) daughter in the family.
13. Australia is much (far) from Europe than I thought.
14. The (quick) we finish, the (soon) weТll go home.
15. This is the (bad) restaurant in town; IТll never come here again.
16. Actions speak (loud) than words.
17. The (good) things in life are free.
18. She was the (boring) person at the party and I sat next to her all evening. It was awful.
19. I have а (bad) headache today than I did yesterday.
20. YouТre as (bad) as your sister.
Test 7. Complete the sentences with а necessary form of the words in brackets. 1. I could hardly keep awake Ц it was the (boring) film IТve ever seen.
2. The (high) you climb, the (far) you fall.
3. Bill is (rich) than John.
4. Prices have gone up. Things arenТt as (cheap) as they used to be.
5. Tokyo is (big) than New York.
6. Tokyo is JapanТs (large) city.
7. You certainly look much (happy) than you did yesterday.
8. The day grew (hot).
9. This is his (good) novel. The other novels are much (bad) than this one.
10. Jane is the (young) of the three sisters.
11. I get on well with my (old) sister.
12. This is the (funny) bit of the film.
13. He is obviously (interested) in sport than I am.
14. It was the (expensive) hotel we had ever stayed in.
15. (Good) late than never.
16. Where is the (near) post office?
17. He was the (bad) pupil in the class.
18. Cats donТt usually live as (long) as dogs.
19. Children nowadays seem to be much (noisy) than they used to be.
20. Henry was the (big) of them.
Test 8. Choose the correct word. 1. IТm interesting/interested in collecting stamps.
2. Everyone is depressed/depressing by the awful weather.
3. I think that airports are exciting/excited places.
4. IТm tired/tiring. I think IТll go to bed.
5. The journey was exhausted/exhausting!
6. ItТs not surprising/surprised that sheТs busy. SheТs got six children.
7. The teacher was annoying/annoyed because I had forgotten to do my homework.
8. He loved the museum Ц he thought it was fascinating/ fascinated.
9. We went to the cinema but I was very boring/bored because I had seen the film before. 10. I like this monkey. It is very amused/amusing.
Test 9. Put an adjective from the box into each gap.
1. What programme are you watching? Is it _______?
2. СIТm going on a safari in Africa!Т СReally? How _______!Т
3. What time did you get home last night? I didnТt know where you were. I was very _______ about you.
4. The children are _______ and they donТt know what to do.
5. It was quite _______ that he passed the exam.
6. I was _______ with the film. I expected it to be much better.
7. I donТt want to read this book. It is _______.
8. The cartoon was very _______. I laughed a lot.
9. I donТt want to go to the match. IТm not _______ in football.
10. We were very _______ when we heard the news.
Test 10. Write the corresponding adverb. 1. quick Ц 6. careful Ц 11. hard Ц
2. bad Ц 7. nice Ц 12. slow Ц
3. late Ц 8. correct Ц 13. happy Ц
4. angry Ц 9. fast Ц 14. early Ц
5. good Ц 10. easy Ц 15. beautiful Ц
Test 11. Adjective or adverb? Choose the correct word. 1. IТm going to tell you something very important, so please listen careful/carefully.
2. Why are you angry/angrily? I havenТt done anything wrong.
3. Our teacher always explains the rules clear/clearly.
4. He was driving dangerous/dangerously.
5. Come on, Dave! Why are you so slow/slowly?
6. Jane is studying hard/hardly for her exam.
7. СWhere is Tom?Т СHe was here but he left sudden/suddenly.Т
8. Her ideas are very useful/usefully.
9. He can understand people easy/easily.
10. Olga speaks English perfect/perfectly.
11. These jeans are very expensive/expensively.
12. Yesterday I came home very late/lately.
13. He always does his homework good/well.
14. We visit our relatives regular/regularly.
15. She always dresses nice/nicely.
Test 12. Adjective or adverb? Choose the correct word. 1. The boys played (quiet/quietly).
2. It was snowing (heavy/heavily) the day before yesterday.
3. He gave it a (careful/carefully) look.
4. He speaks (perfect/perfectly) English.
5. Have you seen your friend (recent/recently)?
6. SheТs a (slow/slowly) runner.
7. She draws (good/well).
8. They bought a (nice/nicely) car.
9. She likes sitting (near/nearly) the fire.
10. She left too (late/lately) to catch the bus.
11. Have you seen Ann (late/lately)?
12. He tries very (hard/hardly) to make his family happy.
13. She (hard/hardly) plays the piano.
14. Computers are (wide/widely) used in schools nowadays.
15. I think sheТs a (pretty/prettily) good singer.
Test 13. Adjective or adverb? Choose the correct word. 1. Use this chair if you want to sit comfortable/comfortably.
2. ItТs not easy/easily to play football.
3. These flowers smell so strange/strangely.
4. He talked so polite/politely and danced so beautiful/ beautifully.
5. The apples taste sweet/sweetly. Help yourself!
6. I always feel happy/happily when the sun is shining.
7. LetТs discuss this idea serious/seriously.
8. СHow are you?Т СI am very good/well, thank you.Т
9. His English is perfect/perfectly. He always speaks correct/correctly.
10. You look upset/upsetly. WhatТs the matter?
11. The driver was driving too fast/fastly.
12. СI feel like going to a disco tonight.Т СThat sounds great/greatly! LetТs go.Т
13. It rained very heavy/heavily in London last night.
14. Quiet/Quietly he opened the door.
15. Those oranges look nice/nicely. Can I have one?
Test 14. Complete each sentence using a word from the list.
1. Mary sang _______ at the concert last night. She is a very _______ singer.
2. Our holiday was too _______. The time passed very _______.
3. What _______ flowers! They smell _______ very too!
4. He asked me to ring back but I _______ forgot about it.
5. The children played _______ in the garden. We could hear them laughing.
6. YouТre speaking very _______. I canТt hear you.
7. Linda likes wearing clothes. She always looks _______!
8. It is a warm day and the sun is shining _______.
9. The exam was very _______ and I felt very _______.
10. This little boy canТt ride a bicycle very _______. He is just learning.
Test 15. Put the adjectives in brackets into the correct form. New York is the (1)(large) city in the US. Perhaps, with all its suburbs, it is the (2)(big) city in the world. It is one of the (3)(important) industrial cities in the country. Some of the (4)(old) historic buildings are there. Some of the buildings in New York City are the (5)(high) buildings in the whole world. Now New York includes five boroughs: Manhattan, the Bronx, Queens, Brooklyn and Richmond. Manhattan is the (6)(small) in size but it is the heart and source of American policy. Perhaps, the (7)(expensive) office buildings in the world are there. The Bronx is a (8)(residential) than industrial part of the city. Queens is both residential and industrial area. New YorkТs two (9)(big) airports are both there. Brooklyn has (10)(many) people than any other part of the city Ц about 3, 000, 000. It is mostly a district of middle class people. New York has the (11)(great) number of factories, the (12)(large) banks and post offices. It sends out many letters and receives the (13)(heavy) mail bags. It is truly the (14)(famous) business city. New York is also called the cultural capital of the USA. There are a lot of museums in New York. One of the (15)(good) known is the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
Test 16. Put the adjectives in brackets into the correct form. Fashion Through the Ages In the middle of the 18th century, some of the (1)(fashionable) rich young men in Britain copied the (2)(late) Italian fashions. They wore extravagant clothes, lots of make‑up to look pale, and high wigs that were powdered and tied with ribbons.
In Europe at the end of the 18th century, womenТs dresses began to get (3)(wide) and their hair began to get (4)(long). The (5)(wide) dresses measured nearly two metres, making it difficult to move around and sit down. To make themselves (6)(pretty), some women had enormous hairstyles. These were often decorated with flowers, feathers and even fruit!
After the First World War, the clothes of the swinging 1929s shocked many people. Fashions for women became (7)(relaxed) and (8) (free) than before. Their hair became much (9)(short) and dresses were not as (10)(long) and (11)(wide) as before. Their clothes became (12)(bright) and (13)(little) formal, to match the new music and dances like the Charleston.
Punk fashions were as (14)(aggressive) as punk music, which arrived in the 1970s. Punks chose the (15)(little) conventional hairstyles possible. They cut their hair in strange ways and often dyed it bright colours. They usually wore large boots, torn jeans and painted leather jackets.
Date: 2015-12-13; view: 2601; Ќарушение авторских прав