Как сделать разговор полезным и приятным
Как сделать объемную звезду своими руками
Как сделать то, что делать не хочется?
Как сделать погремушку
Как сделать неотразимый комплимент
Как сделать так чтобы женщины сами знакомились с вами
Как сделать идею коммерческой
Как сделать хорошую растяжку ног?
Как сделать наш разум здоровым?
Как сделать, чтобы люди обманывали меньше
Вопрос 4. Как сделать так, чтобы вас уважали и ценили?
Как сделать лучше себе и другим людям
Как сделать свидание интересным?
C. Match them with pictures A-C
Who:works and studies at the same time?
went to college after working for 20 years?
4d. Can you remember the answers to these questions?
Luis 1 What does he do? 2 What are his plans for the future?
Pierre 3 Why didn’t he like school?4 Why does he enjoy his studies now?
Margaret 5 Why did she join the U3A? 6 How is the U3A different from other universities?
Listen again and check.
SPEAKING 5. Do you know anyone with similar stories to Luis, Pierre or Margaret? Talk together
VOCABULARY 6a. Who mentions these subjects? What do they say about them?
6b. In groups, add more subjects to the list. Then compare as a class.
6 c. Complete the sentences from the interviews with words or expressions from the box.
1 I'm doing in archaeology.
2 I’m writing on my work in the Amazon.
3 I passed my - just!
4 I wanted to do in art.
5 I applied to some .
6 I got into the of Art and Design in Limoges.
7 We don't do exams or get .
8 I've done in music, local history and Spanish.
9 Last weeк I signed up for .
6d. Which words in the box in 6с can go with these verbs?
do get pass/fail
do a degree, do a doctorate…….
7. Complete the sentences using the correct form of the verbs in the box. You will need to use some verbs more than once.
1. I with a BA in Sociology from the University of California in Los Angeles in 2007.
2. I Economics at the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE). I then a Master’s in Security Studies at the University of Birmingham, which included a semester at New York university at the Centre of European Studies.
3. I with a BA in Hotel & Catering Management from Hong Kong Polytechnic University. I also an MBA in Marketing, which I last year.
4. Afterfrom the School of Oriental Languages and Communication with a BA (Hons) in Mandarin Chinese and English in Maastricht (The Netherlands), I was a scholarship toInternational Relations at the College of Europe, Warsaw.
8. Complete the sentences using the prepositions at, from, in, with
1. I started my career Johnston Group after graduatingHanyang University a BA and MA Chemical Engineering.
2. I graduated 2008 an MSc in Criminology and Criminal justice Tokyo University.
3. I also obtained a BSc Computer Science Moscow State University.
4. I read Modern Languages The National University of Singapore.
WRITING 9. Write five sentences about your past or present studies. Use the expressions in Exercises 6, 7, 8.
SPEAKING 10. Listen to each other's sentences. Ask questions to find out more.
VOCABULARY 11. Study this list of some of the subjects included in his Diploma course. In which of these subject areas would he study the following topics?
LISTENING 12a. Listen to Part 1 of the recording to find the answers to these questions:
1. Which of the subject areas listed in Exercise 1 does Paul mention?
2. Which additional subjects does he mention?
3. Why did he choose to do his Diploma in support?
4. What practical work was included in his course?
5. Which subject did he particular enjoy?
12b.. Listen to Part 2 of the recording and answer these questions:
1. What suggestions does Paul have for improving the course? Note
a) His suggestions for improvement
b) The reasons he gives
2. Which of the subjects he studied has he found useful in his work? Note
a) the subjects
b) examples in the work situation.
12c. Listen to Part 3 of the recording to answer these questions:
1. In which situations does Paul have to learn fast?
2. What sources does he use for help?
3. What advice did the college provide on sources of information?
4. What was the problem with the set book?
5. How does he feel about going back to college?
GRAMMAR 13.Study this description of a student’s first term. What questions might the interviewer have asked to obtain the information in italics? (See GRAMMAR REFERENCE on page74 )
SPEAKING 14. Work in pairs. Play the parts of the interviewer and Paul. Add some more questions.
WRITING 15. Study this description of a computer course. Then write a description of your own computing course, or one of its components, in the same way.
Computer Use and Applications
SPEAKING 16. In pairs, discuss the following questions. Add some more questions.
1. What qualification do you have?
2. Where did you go to university?
3. When will you graduate?
4. What degree are you doing?
5. Did you apply to any courses?
6. Did you work and study at the same time?
7. What is your favourite subject?
8. What types of career are common for people with your qualifications?
9. Which of your qualifications is most likely to impress a future employer?
10. What are your plans for the future?
Date: 2016-05-17; view: 1050; Нарушение авторских прав