Как сделать разговор полезным и приятным
Как сделать объемную звезду своими руками
Как сделать то, что делать не хочется?
Как сделать погремушку
Как сделать неотразимый комплимент
Как сделать так чтобы женщины сами знакомились с вами
Как сделать идею коммерческой
Как сделать хорошую растяжку ног?
Как сделать наш разум здоровым?
Как сделать, чтобы люди обманывали меньше
Вопрос 4. Как сделать так, чтобы вас уважали и ценили?
Как сделать лучше себе и другим людям
Как сделать свидание интересным?
The Passive Voice
The hunterkilledthe snake.
The snakewas killedby the hunter.
Сводная таблица времён to be + Participle Il (worked/written)
Read and translate the following sentences, paying attention to the use of the Passive forms.
1. The London Zoo was established in 1828 by the Zoological Society of London.
2. The protein of which feathers are made is also found in lizard skin.
3. What will happen if more of the Amazon forest is cut down?
4. The world’s birds have been grouped into 27 orders.
5. The boys found a bear caught in a trap which had been set by hunters.
1. Many kinds of exotic animals can be found in Australia today.
2. There are many people today who think that animals should not be kept in zoos.
3. An injured pet must be transported to the veterinary office or emergency clinic.
4. Some animals may be trained to obey certain commands.
5. Naturalists think that apes can be taught to communicate with the help of sign language.
Read about three animals. These animals live in different parts of the world and in very different habitats, but they have one very important thing in common. Match the texts with the names of the animals (the Mediterranean monk seal, the African elephant, the Blue Whale).
This is the largest animal, which has ever lived. It is three times heavier than the biggest dinosaur. Once there were over 200 000 of these creatures living in the Atlantic and Pacific oceans. However since the seventeenth century they have been hunted for their oil and meat. In fact, so many of them were killed that by 1963 their population had been reduced to just 1000. Today it is even less than that. This animal is protected by international law, but it is still being hunted. Many people believe that it will soon be extinct.
This is the world's largest land animal. In 1970 there were about 3.3 million of them living in the wild. Since then enormous numbers of them have been killed for their tusks, which are used to make ornaments and jewellery. Today there are fewer than one million of these animals left. Even though they are now protected, they are still being hunted. Between 50000 and 150000 of them are killed every year. Hunting is not the only human activity, which puts them in danger. Many of them are also losing their natural habitat as forests are cut down and grasslands are cleared.
For centuries this animal was often seen on the beaches around Greece, Turkey, Italy, Morocco and a number of other countries. However, in more recent years it has been put in great danger by human activity. It has been tightened away from the beaches by tourists. It has been hunted for its skin, oil and meat. It has also been killed by fishermen to stop it eating too many fish. Today there are fewer than 500 of these animals left. They are protected in many countries, but they are still being hunted. Many scientists believe there is a real danger that these creatures will not survive much longer.
Date: 2015-04-23; view: 456; Нарушение авторских прав